Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day Zero 12, 71, 56,

It's been a long time since I've done a Day Zero update - and we're almost down to a year! I still have a lot of goals to accomplish. For those who might be curious, Day Zero is my "101 list" - a bucket list with a time limit of 1001 days. I have 101 goals to finish before that little blue clock on the bottom left of my blog runs out of time. My complete list is on a tab at the top.

In any case, I've completed some things lately:

#12: Let my hair grow for a full year.
This goal didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. I'd anticipated long, beautiful tresses, but, as it turns out, my hair doesn't like to be longer than my shoulders. Oh well - it's beautiful just how it is. It's been fun having longer hair for an extended period of time - and it's gotten much thicker, too. I'm considering cutting a couple inches off to make it a little more manageable, since it's a lot of different lengths, but we'll see.

#71: Fly a kite
I got Ryan a cute Spiderman kite for Easter. We took it to Bear Lake with us and, joy of all joys, it was super windy one day. The kite flew with no problems. I think the best part was Hailey's face when we let her fly it and she let go - and watched in astonishment as it tumbled to the sand, Ryan chasing after it as hard as he could run.

#56: Ask someone on a date
Okay, this one was intended for my days of singlehood when I was supposed to challenge my lack of confidence and reach outside of my comfort zone. No apologies. I really don't care anymore! :) Ryan and I have gone on a lot of fun dates this last year - some of which were dying Easter eggs, going out to dinner, etc... The one I'm thinking of in particular was where I wrote up three "evening plans" and put a question on the back of each one. He picked the question that he most wanted the answer to, and that's what we did. We ended up having a barbeque, playing catch, going to Cold Stone, and watching a movie.

Next up: Zoo animal cookies - with my new birthday present! (cookie cutters)


Viva la Vida.

No comments:

Post a Comment