Anyway, to sum up the last little bit:
Last weekend: A trip to Aranjuez and Chinchon, two small towns near Madrid. I am so pictured-out that I didn't take a single one. It's okay. We saw a royal palace and some pretty gardens and that was all that was really important. Later that night, we went and had dinner at the Restaurante Botin - the oldest restaurant in the world according to the Guinness Book of World Records. And the food was amazing! It was great. They even sang happy birthday to Dallin, who turned 24. Yay!
Week in review: homework, class, FHE, Madrid, wallet-shopping, Madrid temple (baptized in Portuguese, that was cool), trip.
Yes, we left on Wednesday for our last trip. We hit Cordoba, Sevilla, and Granada in four days. We spent a lot of time on the bus, and there was a lot of really beautiful Arab architecture. In Cordoba is a famous mosque that was later turned into a cathedral by the Catholics (of course) but the arches inside are candy-cane striped. I felt like I'd fallen into Candy Land!
In Sevilla we saw the beautiful river, the Plaza de Espana (where Rachel and I ate roasted chestnuts and rented a rowboat and sang Christmas carols - loudly :D), the cathedral, Christopher Columbus' tomb, the Alcazar (a palace), and a fabulous hotel with kitchenettes, in which we made our own dinner and had a dinner party. That was definitely fun!
In Granada, we visited the Alhambra - an Arabic palace that was conquered by the Reyes Catolicos (Ferdinand and Isabella) in 1492, the last stage of the unification of Spain. It's one of, if not the, most famous tourist attraction in Spain. We also saw the tombs of said Reyes and went on a night tour of Granada, ending in Las Cuevas, a cave-like bar where we watched gypsies perform real, authentic flamenco - guitar, dance, and song. It was AMAZING.
This was our last trip as a group. This week we have finals, for the which I ought to be studying, so, enjoy the pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment