Sometimes I like to challenge myself. Especially with things I really love.
Like clogging, for example. I only ever made the All-American team once. And that was after three years of trying. But after making it, I was so excited. So the following year, when I again didn't make it, I was disappointed, and vowed that the next year I would work so hard that I'd make it. In the same spirit, at Nationals I came in second - barely - in acapella to a guy who I'd consistently come in second place to. I vowed that the next year I would beat him, too, and I went straight home and started brainstorming a new acappella. Not to mention, from the very first day that I started clogging, I vowed that I would someday be on the highest team in the studio.
Only I had to leave clogging before I made it to the next Nationals. I didn't get to try for either of those things. And I never quite made it to the highest team, something that had been a huge goal for me for seven years.
Maybe that's why I can't seem to feel settled about clogging. I have unresolved challenges to myself hanging over my head.
Do you ever have things like that - where you feel unfinished and incomplete, but there's just not a way to go back and finish it?
Go back and finish it! It's something you're good at and something you enjoy. I say go for it. You can do it.
ReplyDelete