Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Twenty-one

* Cake decorating party to make an awesome Snoopy birthday cake.
* New sewing machine from my awesome mom! I'm so excited for all the possibilities :)
* Beating my dad at basketball at the games center.
* Package from Spain. Only a month and a half left...
* Harry Potter midnight premiere coming up with my best friend... :)
* Cupcakes with Spain friends coming up.

Twenty-one doesn't feel much different than twenty, especially since all during twenty I continued to accidentally introduce myself as nineteen, so I imagine I'll probably still introduce myself as nineteen, it's been a hard habit to break...

It's funny, though. When I think twenty-one, the first thing I think of is sitting in AP Spanish three and a half years ago, and Mr. Macdonald exclaiming, "Veinti-un años! Veinti-un años!" It was his belief that all dating-related activities should wait until we were twenty-one. It seemed pretty far away at seventeen. Now I wonder where the time went.

Life goes by so fast!

Viva la Vida.

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I forgot about Mr. Macdonald telling us that! It's so weird that it was so long ago. Where did the time go? How did I get HERE?

    I hope your birthday was lovely, Jen. :) You are now safe to resume your dating activities. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... we don't get to find out what Ryan sent you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... sorry :) Two scarves (one green, one flowered) a box of my favoritest candy EVER only available in Spain... and a puzzle made of a collage of pictures from his mission, like, professionally made, like actual puzzle pieces. He must've had it done at a store. It said Happy Birthday Jen in the middle of the collage. He's sweet. I like him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I was just about to ask what Ryan sent...That's very cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete