Friday, February 4, 2011

In His Hands

We always say that the Lord will never place upon us any trial or challenge that we are unable to bear.

That's not true. Sometimes He does. Sometimes we aren't strong enough to make it through the trial.

Not alone, anyway.

Ether 12:27: "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Sometimes when it looks like there isn't any light at the end of the tunnel, it's because there isn't. Sometimes when we think we'll never make it through a particular trial, it's because we won't. Sometimes when it seems things will never get better, it's because they aren't going to. Not unless we accept the fact that we can't do it on our own, and turn to the Lord for help, submitting ourselves to His will and allowing Him to show us the way.
Sometimes that's hard, because it requires letting go of a lot of stubborn pride. Sometimes things still don't work out the way we expect them to. But they will work out; if we place our faith in Him and His power.

D&C 84:88: "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

2 comments:

  1. I REALLY needed this today.
    You are awesome, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) And sometimes, we make mistakes and give ourselves some trials and hard times - and He's there to help us out of those too :)

    I love you Jen! thanks

    ReplyDelete