Budgeting is the bane of my existence, next to the IRS - which happens to be a big reason that budgeting is the bane of my existence.
The bad news? I paid $1600 less on my student loan this summer than I had planned. That's a hefty chunk of money.
The good news? It wasn't entirely my fault. I made $1500 less this summer than I had planned. About 450 of that went to the IRS. $250 went to office closures due to university, state, and federal holidays. And the remaining $800 went to time off for a vacation - since I neglected to consider a family vacation when I planned my summer income schedule.
My sense of relief at realizing I did not squander all of $1600 this summer is pretty great - however, it's closely followed by the sense of frustration that I lost $700 to taxes and federal holidays... Especially when a significant portion of that went to Social Security - which I have zero hope of ever seeing in my bank account.
"Money talks. Mine mostly likes to call goodbye as it hurries away."
Viva la Vida. Preferably inexpensively.
No comments:
Post a Comment