So I'm sitting on a nice, uncomfortable leather couch waiting for a travel agent who forgot about our meeting and decided to come to work "late" (meaning, she'll show up when she feels like it and didn't tell any of her coworkers when that time would be) and wondering how I got into this mess... And since I have nothing else to do at the moment, lemme tell you about it!
So I'm going on study abroad, and we were going to stay 9 extra days and travel around Europe after, because they told us we would be able to do that, only now the visa rules have changed, and we aren't allowed to fly out of the US if our return ticket is more than 90 days out, so I have spent 1300 dollars on a plane ticket that I now have to change, only the problem is that the day I have to come back is the day before Thanksgiving, and nearly every flight is pretty much gone, so I'm going to have to pay a change fee for my existing flight, and possibly have to rebook entirely, on a flight that is guaranteed to be significantly more expensive than the flights were back in March, and will more than likely include millions of hours of layovers. I will probably see every major airport in the US before I make it home. And therefore I am sitting on this uncomfortable leather couch, waiting for an MIA travel agent, passport and credit card in hand, missing work, all because somebody told us we could do something that we can't, because it's actually illegal.
And I'm not particularly thrilled about it. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment