I figure today is a good day for looking back at the past year and thinking about life. It's interesting how much can happen in just 365 days.
For example, in the past year I chose a major and a minor. I got the best grades yet and raised my GPA by a lot. I moved three times. I made the decision to go on study abroad and applied and was accepted to the program.
I held two callings in my ward and learned a lot from both of them. I learned how to drive a stick shift car. I painted and finished a nightstand. I spent a day hiking in the sand in St George with a really great friend. I watched the US win a World Cup football/soccer game.
I went visiting teaching almost 100%. I made more new friends than I can count, and re-made friends with a lot of old friends. I ate a lot of ice cream. I learned how to play the guitar. I had one of the best, and most different, Christmases ever. I re-developed an interest in art and started a picture I've wanted to draw for a long time. I ate macaroni and cheese almost every Sunday. I learned just exactly what love means.
I made friends with a few people in other countries. I had a sleepover in a blanket fort with some of the best friends I've ever had. I watched a lot of Disney movies. I worked more than I ever have in any given year. I ran the most I ever have, getting clear up to six miles. I watched NFL for the first time and discovered I love football.
I learned that sometimes being right isn't actually very important. I went to the temple every single month. I read my scriptures every single day, except for a couple of days where I was really sick. I learned how to cook and discovered I really enjoy it. I developed an interest in sewing and made some fun projects. I read the Book of Mormon all the way through again.
I read this quote just a couple of weeks ago. "It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-by-day basis." I think this is the most important thing I've learned this past year - that life is meant to be lived. I have learned, more than ever, to wake up each morning infinitely grateful that I have another day to live, learn, love, and experience the joy that comes from living life to the very fullest.
Sometimes I wonder what the next 365 days will bring. Something amazing, I'm sure.
"Life is hard yard by yard; inch by inch it's a sinch."
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to look back and see how much you've learned and grown. Sounds like you've had an awesome year! :) Keep going and never stop. It can get even better. :D
ReplyDelete