Minus the closet.
I posted this on Facebook, but then I decided to expound.
I've always been proud of not being a "fall for it" kind of person. I don't swoon over celebrities, don't crush on the cute guy I saw at the store for a split second, don't even fall for the attractive Elder's Quorum president or the nice Activities committee cochair. None of that for me. I'm way too practical - seriously, celebrities? They have a new girl every minute, and there's no way I want even ten minutes of that lifestyle. And really, I'm never going to see that guy in the store again. The Elder's quorum president isn't my type, not one bit, and the activities committee cochair could maybe be perfect for me, but he'd never realize it in a million years. See? Ridiculous to even think about it, much less act on it!
I probably come off super practical, a bit cynical, and just plain disinterested.
The reader would be surprised, then, to see the play count of several popular love songs on my iPod.
They would be surprised to have seen me devouring LDS romantic fiction all afternoon, a longtime Sunday tradition recently reinstated.
They'd definitely be surprised to get hold of my journal or my notebook of poetry I've written off and on through the years, especially the Spanish ones.
And counting the amount of time spent daydreaming is definitely out of the question.
Then again, maybe my practical and disinterested facade isn't as flawless as I like to think it is. Maybe this isn't so surprising after all.
And as long as my fondness for romanticism - in both the literary and relationship sense - is out, I might as well share this quote at the end of my book tonight:
"...and she would know throughout all time the true definition of celestial: eternity with the one you love."
Oh dear.... you are describing me again :P
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're a romantic. And day-dreaming... ah... *sigh* -> Keep doing it!
I. Love. You.
ReplyDeleteThat is all.
:)