Sunday, January 16, 2011

Time flies when you're having fun.

It also flies when you're busy.

Which, I thought to myself today, could possibly be the reason I have intentionally completely and totally overbooked myself for this semester.

I want time to fly, for various reasons which shall remain unnamed, but most of you know why I happen to be anxiously wishing it would hurry up and be June already. Enough said.

So I have therefore insured myself against drag of time and boredom. I have seven classes, one of which is Folk dance team, Monday night FHE, evening class on Tuesday and Thursday, Wednesday night Folk Dance club activities, 20 hours of work per week, and a very stiff and unyielding goal to get a 4.0 this semester. Yes people, that means A's in ALL my classes. Ironically, I think Ballet might be the hardest. I am therefore working on becoming a member of the Ballet Club on campus so I can go to help sessions on Saturdays.

Along with that, I'm applying to be a member of Sigma Delta Pi, the Spanish Honor society. I also just authorized a background check so I can be a volunteer interpreter in the Provo School District. Got to start practicing sometime, right. Oh, and did I mention that I'm frantically studying for the test I take February 17 to get into my major? And then there's my ward, I'm sure they're going to give me a calling, and probably it will take some time.

Did you hear about the missionary friends I have coming home this semester? They'll be having homecomings I'll be going to. And of course, we can't forget my goal to read the whole Book of Mormon in Spanish by July- that means a chapter a day, no fail. Add sleeping to this mix and I've got myself enough to keep me busy for several hundred semesters, only I'm doing it in one. :)

Is time going to fly? Let's just say that if it doesn't, I'll probably sue someone.

1 comment: