Sunday, January 2, 2011

My happy new year

It's 2011.

I'm very, incredibly excited about this.

I kind of thought this year would never come.

There's not words to express how excited I am that it finally did.


Goodbye, 2010. I'm not going to miss you. Though I have to give you credit for a lot of things. Despite feeling like you were never going to end, you were, indeed, a big, year for me. A lot of things happened, and I accomplished a lot.

- I was accepted to my study abroad program in Spain.

- I made some amazing friends, one of whom I spent a memorable President's Day in St. George with. Love you, girl :)

- I addicted myself to the tv show Psych (which I don't regret) and macaroni and cheese (which I only sort of regret...)

- I learned how to drive a stick shift (maybe poorly, but still), played some pranks, and cried the day I got a full-tuition scholarship.

- I went to Institute for the first time ever, rediscovered a friendship I'm eternally glad I didn't let die, and spent time on memory lane with another good friend.

- I went to California for the first time, went on a cruise for the first time, and went to the dentist with no cavities for the first time... hehe.

- I went to Mexico (okay, for six hours, but that counts, right?) Disneyland, St George, San Diego, Jackson Hole, and Idaho Falls, all with my mom who I love very much :)

- I completed a number of home repair projects, some minor sewing projects, and watched a lot of soccer. Yay World Cup!

- I saw Carrie Underwood in concert at Stadium of Fire.

- I ran 6 miles straight for the first time ever.

- I got on an airplane and flew transatlantic to another country, where I learned the language, the culture, and a lifetime of knowledge about myself, who I am, and what I am capable of doing and becoming. It was the most amazing three months of my entire life.

- I got a new job, which I love, spent a month celebrating Christmas, and now I'm ready for another year.

Thanks, 2010, for all you taught me. I look back at the person I was a year ago - my hopes, dreams, wishes, feelings, everything, and then I look at who I am today, and I'm happy with the result. I guess that's the best I can ask for, right? 2010 wasn't a picnic by any means; it was full of trials like any other year, some of which included decisions more difficult than any I've ever faced. But I made it. And that's the important part.

Hello, 2011. What lessons, trials, miracles, and blessings have you got in store for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment