So can I just say, that the simple, 4-page book review for my doctrine and covenants class has turned into a giant, 4-page nightmare, because as it turns out, I'm an excellent summary writer, and the analysis is somewhat elusive, I mean, really, how am I supposed to analyze something without summarizing? Despite the seventeen-slide powerpoint on how to write an analytical book review in a concise and precise manner, I find myself sitting at my computer for over two hours, typing out sentences and promptly erasing them, and finally packing up and heading home, frustrated, annoyed, and overall feeling like I wasted the whole night, and even as I pick up my backpack, I'm still tempted to sit back down at the computer and start again, because tonight was the night to write this darn thing, not to sit and start it over and over again.
agggggggghhhhhhhh!
So write a short summary. And then comment on it. Discuss your summary as if someone has just read both it and the book... and then just delete the summary from the beginning. You can do it darlin!
ReplyDelete