Do you ever feel like your life is run by the requirement to always make the most practical and logical decision in every situation, whether it's what you really want to do or not?
I do.
Sometimes I feel like Rapunzel in Tangled, trapped in a tower of my own making, a tower made by the little voice in my head that won't let me do anything that doesn't lead straight to the practical, efficient, logical life I have planned out for myself. No surprises. No major bumps. Prepared for anything. No impulsive decisions, making decisions on whims, or following my heart allowed if it contradicts the life plan and schedule I have.
So it's a fight between the two sides of me: do the practical thing, be prepared, be logical, or take risks, chase dreams, follow whims. Where is the balance?
I feel like I'm forty years old with the weight of my whole life riding on every single decision I make.
You can do it! And yes, I've felt that way... but I've also learned that just because something is logical doesn't make it right... or even remotely the best option. Next time you need to do something crazy call me up and I'll help you! And remember - it all works out in the end. Love you girly!
ReplyDeleteSometimes girl, just like Rapunzel in Tangled, you have to step out and do something crazy before you get to a better place. Have you ever heard of the growth zone? Well, in order to get to the growth zone, you have to leave your comfort zone, pass through the groan zone, and be careful not to overstep into the panic zone. You grow the most when life turns out unexpectedly and you have to adjust - when you stop growing, that is when you stop finding happiness.
ReplyDeleteI love you Jen Parks! You are amazing!