#21: Get 7 book recommendations from friends and read them all.
Let's be honest. As awesome as Harry Potter is, I can't just read and reread it for the rest of my life. So I branched out. Here's what I read:
1. Who Stole my Cheese?
2. Fablehaven series
3. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief series
4. The Ranger's Apprentice series
5. The Prince and the Pauper
6. Women of Israel series
7. Butterfly Box series
ALL of these books were excellent - and as you can see, for many of them I read the whole series. Fablehaven was my favorite, with Percy Jackson and The Ranger's Apprentice right behind them. I'm mad at Orson Scott Card for not finishing the Women of Israel series, and I anxiously await the next Butterfly Box book.
In working on this goal, I rediscovered my absolute LOVE for reading! I don't read books. I devour them. I lose myself in the story, and I finish the book with a sense of slight surprise that I'm still in the real world. I become the characters I read about, and I have adventures, explore new lands, become excited and sad as do the characters.
"A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. " I love that quote - and for me it's true. I needed a nap after finishing the great battle with Morgorath in the Ranger's Apprentice! Movies are great - but there's something special about entering the world of imagination contained within a book.
No comments:
Post a Comment