Monday, May 3, 2010

I feel old...

And this is why:

My best friend's scrawny little brother who we tied up in my basement once is soon going on a mission.

Quite a number of my friends from high school have graduated from college - two year schools, yes, but a college graduation.

My piano teacher's annoying little daughter who used to bug her mom for fruit snacks in the middle of the lessons is graduating from high school.

I no longer know a single person attending my high school.

The neighbor kids who used to play on my street now have kids of their own playing on my street.

My cat is older than I am - in cat years.

People don't ask me what high school I go to anymore (well, at least not most people.)

I have a passport and a credit card and a loan.

I tend to laugh at teenage girls when I see them in their clusters at the mall or the restaurants.

I like onions, eat with my napkin in my lap, wash my own dishes, push my chair in after dinner, enjoy talking to people my mom's age, and love relief society.

Twelve days left of being a teenager. But I think I stopped being one a long time ago. It's just weird sometimes, thinking about it, especially when I see everyone around me getting so much older, and I think, "but I'm not that much older!" My mom says she does the same thing. I guess it runs in the family? Growing up is weird and strange and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I saw pretty pictures of people's proms on Facebook - I think I want to go back to that April, instead of this one. But I wouldn't even fit in there anymore. Funny how life changes without you even realizing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment