Melanie and I were in our little room, surfing Facebook, talking about nothing in particular.
Melanie mentions we've been here almost two weeks.
I yelp, "TWO WEEKS?!?!"
She says yes.
I slam my computer shut with, "Why the heck are we wasting time sitting in this little room! We're going to Madrid!"
Melanie senses the urgency and seriousness of the situation and immediately agrees with me.
Ten minutes later we're on the train:
Thirty minutes later we emerged from the Metro station into the Puerta del Sol, where we proceeded to walk past six ice cream stands in order to arrive at the specific one that we wanted, then we went to at least ten souvenir stores in search of a Barca jersey for me, (didn't find it, but I WILL! haha), then we ended up at the Mercado de San Miguel eating overpriced and very delicious trufas (truffles), and finally walked through the Plaza Mayor, which is undoubtedly so far my favorite place in Madrid.The trufas were good.
VERY good. Mine is just quivering with fear, though.
I might also mention that I successfully rode the Metro for the very first time - I've never even seen a subway before, it was pretty sweet.
And as a side note, I'm pretty sure that any doubts Melanie had in her mind regarding my sanity have now been confirmed. Hopefully she's cool with having a completely crazy roommate, who randomly decides to go on soccer-jersey searching adventures in big cities and who likes to make faces at dogs, mirrors, and truffles, who has two different colored shoelaces and often talks to herself without realizing it, and who has absolutely no sense of color-coordination for her outfits... Hey, it's all good, life is more fun this way!
That's awesome Jen! I love it! SOunds like a ton of fun!
ReplyDelete