Dígame, compañera, ¿por qué no puedo dormir?
¿Por qué aparece en mis sueños?
Su voz me despierta con la salida del sol
Y le recuerdo con mucho cariño.
Dígame, compañera, ¿qué debo hacer?
Porque por mí no tiene amor.
Y su novia con sus ojos hermosos
Me hace llorar cuando suena el despertador.
Dígame, compañera, ¿qué voy a decir?
Cuando le veo en la clase mañana.
¿Voy a quedarme callada y sufrir eternamente?
¿O voy a mostrarle que estoy enamorada?
This is called a jarcha. (Harchah). It's a form of poetry from way back in the hmm 1500s I think? It was written by a man, but it was written as if it were one girl talking to a sister, friend, mother, etc, about love. Therefore it used lots of dramatic elements and such to make it sound like an overly emotional girl. This is definitely the most dramatic thing I've ever written. It kind of makes me disgusted with myself just to read it... haha.
Oh, and for you ingles-speakers (hmm, that would be all of you... haha) here is an approximated translation:
Tell me, roommate, why can't I sleep?
Why does he appear in my dreams?
His voice awakens me with the sunrise
And I remember him with much affection.
Tell me, roommate, what should I do?
Because he has no love for me.
And his girlfriend with her beautiful eyes
Makes me cry when I wake to my alarm.
Tell me, roommate, what am I going to say?
When I see him in class tomorrow?
Am I going to keep quiet and suffer eternally
Or will I show him that I am in love?
Yeah, it sounds much better in Spanish, with the rhyme and such, but, that's the gist of it! Hope you enjoyed it... now I have to go write two essays and read three stories and make some flashcards of Visigoth architecture, what the heck, I thought I was on vacation over here?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment