Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Wish

"My wish for you is that life becomes all that you want it to.
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold.
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you,
And wants the same things too."

This has been my very favorite song for the past... three years. Hands down. Nothing tops it. I often listen to it and think about my life, thinking about all the people that love me, that feel that way about me, thinking about all the things I want my life to become. I think about my dreams, the ones that came true, the ones that didn't, the ones I still wait for and hold in my heart, and the ones I'm living every single day.

However, more often than I think about my dreams and the wishes I have for me, I think about the people I care about more than anything, and the wishes I have for them. And somehow, it means a lot more to me than my own dreams and my own wishes. There's something wonderful about seeing someone else's dream come true, watching their successes, their happinesses. Loving others somehow makes more of a difference in my life than any amount of love anyone has for me.

"If it's cold outside,
Show the world the warmth of your smile"

When you share a smile, you can't see it yourself.
But it blesses your life anyway.


- song: My Wish - Rascal Flatts

2 comments: