Tonight I'm just sitting on the balcony listening to the cars drive past on their way to unknown destinations. I can hear the television from the livingroom drifting through the balcony door. The echo of an airplane rumbles overhead. The ever-present smell of stale cigarette smoke wafts through the clear night air. But the breeze is cool. The lights on the street and in the windows of the seven-story apartment buildings are mystical and somehow comforting. I watch them turn out, one by one. If I focus hard, I can almost see a star in the dark night sky above me. And for the first time since I arrived here, in this strange city with its strange language that's so different from everything I've always known, I feel completely at home and completely content to sit here on the balcony and just be me.
Bring it on, life. No matter what you place in my path, I'll always find a way to love you anyway.
Perfect attitude with that last sentence Jennifer. I think everybody should have an attitude like that.
ReplyDeleteI love you dearly, and I wish that I were sleeping in your closet in Spain tonight rather than here in my own little bed. But I know that soon I will get to see you again and hear your lovely stories. So sleep well, I'm so glad that you are so happy!!
You wouldn't want to sleep in my closet, that would be spectacularly uncomfortable... But yes! Soon I shall return! Good luck on life :)
ReplyDelete