Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day Zero Project

So I stumbled across this website via a friend's blog I was reading the other day, and I won't lie, I've been thinking hard about it ever since. I finally decided I'm going to do it: 101 goals in 1001 days (about 2 3/4 years). After quite a bit of thought, here's the goals I came up with:

  1. Read all the standard works
  2. Be on the Dean’s List
  3. Read the triple combination in Spanish
  4. Pay off my student loans
  5. Give away three pass-along cards
  6. Stop biting my nails
  7. Think of 5 people who have made a difference in my life and write them a letter
  8. Visit my grandpa once a week for three months
  9. Write in my journal at least three times a week for three months
  10. Learn how to play 10 songs well on the guitar
  11. Throw a dart on a map and go to where it lands
  12. Let my hair grow for a full year
  13. Run a half marathon
  14. Document all 101 goals with a picture and caption in a scrapbook
  15. Visit 3 new states
  16. Get married
  17. Pay for someone’s meal behind me in the drive-thru
  18. Kiss someone at midnight on New Year’s Eve
  19. Go snowshoeing
  20. Make a quilt
  21. Have 7 friends suggest a book and read them all
  22. Splatter-paint a wall
  23. Refinish a piece of furniture
  24. Learn to cook something new every month and save the recipes
  25. Ride a jetski/waverunner
  26. Tie a note to a balloon and let it go
  27. Do a random act of kindness every day for a month
  28. Make and decorate cookies shaped like zoo animals
  29. Go barefoot for a whole day
  30. Buy a lottery ticket
  31. Learn how to swim correctly
  32. Keep a dream journal for a month
  33. Kiss in the rain
  34. Knit a scarf
  35. Take a First Aid class
  36. Write to my grandparents at least twice a month for a year
  37. Master the art of driving a stick shift
  38. Choose the songs to the soundtrack of my life
  39. Carve my initials on a tree
  40. Visit 15 different temples
  41. Go two weeks without spending money
  42. Learn how to play soccer
  43. Leave five dollars in a library book for someone to find
  44. Attend four extracurricular lectures
  45. Answer/call back all my phone calls for a week
  46. Write a song
  47. Open a cookbook randomly and make that recipe
  48. Make a list of 101 things that make me happy
  49. Go to a professional sporting event
  50. Keep a blessings calendar every day for 1001 days
  51. Make a time capsule for myself in 10 years
  52. Kiss in the snow
  53. Sleep and eat outside for a week
  54. Go to a “real” concert
  55. Learn to identify 3 constellations in each season’s sky (12 total)
  56. Ask someone on a date
  57. Plan a healthy diet and stick to it for a month
  58. Do the temple work for my great-aunt Margaret
  59. Write to three family members on my mom’s side
  60. Start a new tradition
  61. Start my family history
  62. Visit an extended family member I haven’t seen in a long time
  63. Visit a butterfly garden
  64. Attend the midnight premiere of a movie
  65. Have a mud fight
  66. Save 10% of my income for 6 months
  67. Learn how to sew basic clothing
  68. Take an interior design class and redecorate a room
  69. Read 5 church-related books
  70. Floss my teeth every night for a month
  71. Fly a kite
  72. Take a self-defense class
  73. Save $10 for every goal I complete
  74. Participate in a service project a week for three months
  75. Go to Festival of Colors
  76. Go on a multi-day biking trip
  77. Read the Ensign every month for a year
  78. Learn and master the art of baking bread
  79. Learn the basics of amateur photography
  80. Take, edit, and frame a picture
  81. Watch the evening news or read the newspaper every day for a month
  82. Complete and internship
  83. Own a little black dress
  84. Get a pedicure
  85. Learn how to can fruits and vegetables
  86. Grow a garden
  87. Go camping with friends
  88. Make a budget and stick to it for a month
  89. Take a finance class
  90. Make three different kinds of pie from scratch
  91. Learn how to say “I love you” in 16 different languages
  92. Document my nativity collection
  93. Go skinny dipping
  94. Put my wishes in a bottle and throw it into the ocean
  95. Hike Mt. Timpanogos
  96. Go rock climbing
  97. Read 5 classic books
  98. Sort, organize, edit, and scrapbook my Spain pictures
  99. Get a scholarship
  100. Write something and submit it for publication
  101. Spend three minutes a day thinking only positive thoughts about myself for a month.

3 comments:

  1. Way to have some goals! I need to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! I'm super excited about it. Some will be easier than others... haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this. I'm sooo going to do it. In fact, I started my list, and I'm up to 65 I believe.

    ReplyDelete