Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Recent Randomness

- After our short afternoon in France, I've decided French is actually pretty cool.

- Today we went to the Madrid temple and did baptisms! All the workers there right now were from Bordeaux, France. I read the Introduction the the Book of Mormon in French while in the chapel, and was surprised at how much I understood.

- I have officially decided to learn French again - you know, along with my native Spanish, which will always and forever be my first love.

- I love Spanish very much. In fact, I might cry when I have to start speaking English full-time again. Today I couldn't remember the English word for something. It made me so happy.

- I get to register for winter classes tomorrow - and I'm superexcited for my schedule!

- I started knitting a scarf! But I'm a perfectionist, and I'm going to start again, because I made it way too wide. But I'm super excited - I can knit!

- I think I want to go to spring term this year.

- It's almost 2011 - and that scares me. I can't believe it.

- I've basically stopped doing my hair since coming to Spain - my hairdryer barely works and my straightener doesn't, so, what's the point. Surprisingly, life has gone on as normal. I kind of like it sometimes.

- I have the best host mom of the whole study abroad. The Spanish have officially surrendered in the Spanish-American Food Wars - and now she still loves me even though I hardly ever eat all my food. And she's teaching me to knit, and she likes to talk to me. Love :)

- I'm going to go to the Canary Islands for four days at the end of this program! I'm very excited about this. I have learned on this program that I have a deep love of the ocean.

- I wrote a poem today in Spanish. I'm quite proud of how it turned out.

Random things about Spain you might not have known:

- Grass seems to be pets' litterboxes. People look at you weird if you sit on the grass. They look at you even weirder if you're doing exercises on it. We went running the other day, and worked our abs afterward.

- People live with their parents til they're 35 or married. It's weird to move out. Weird.

- You have to pay for grocery bags at the grocery store, you have to bag your own groceries, basically nothing is free... haha.

- Doggy bags at restaurants? Yeah right. You'll get some suuuuper weird looks and probably a refusal.

- Something like 55% of the people in Madrid are over 50. There's lots of little cute old couples walking around.

I love Spain, Spanish, languages, linguistics, the temple, Harry Potter, poetry, and Nutella.

Life is amaaaaazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment