Friday, April 29, 2011

Why I love my job...

Father on phone: "So my daughter wants to go to college in the fall. She's been accepted to five universities, but she wants to go to a college that wants her badly enough to give her a full ride scholarship... but she forgot to apply for university scholarships and she didn't audition for the School of Music, but she'd like to come."

Me: "Well... the auditions were four months ago... and all our scholarships were awarded in March, so at this point there's not very much that we can do, the funds have already been awarded."

(conversation goes on)

Later:

Father: "Well. So. Do you have a music scholarship there?"
Me: "Well, I'm not a music student, but I do have a scholarship for my program."
Father (accusingly): "So how did you get yours?"
Me: "Well, for continuing students it's based off GPA."
Father (still accusingly): "So have you had yours for the whole time you've been here?"
Me: "No... Have you talked to the Financial Aid office yet?"

We love those dear, dear "helicopter" parents...

No comments:

Post a Comment