Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy birthday? Or not.

Once upon a time today was supposed to be my birthday.

Ever since forever I've been mad that my birthday was clear at the end of the school year, when nobody really cared anymore. And here at BYU, it's even after the semester is over, and REALLY nobody cares.

So I decided that my birthday should be March 16 instead. Just once. Just this year, while all my best friends are around me for probably the last time. I was even going to change it online and have a party and everything. It was going to be awesome.

But I didn't want to bug my friends about it, and so I didn't really push it.

Instead, I spent the whole day frantically trying to get a million things done, bursting into tears twice, and accomplishing very little of everything that really needed to get done.

I'm glad it wasn't my real birthday today. It would be sad if my real birthday had been so miserable, and not just my pretend one.

I'm still mad that nobody will be around for my birthday, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment