Saturday, August 21, 2010

Money, money, money...

Ain't it funny?
It's a rich man's world.

This song from Mamma Mia is stuck in my head this morning as I have been looking at my bank account, my BYU financial center, checking on my student loan, counting up how much I've spent on this study abroad adventure, how much I'm going to spend... It's a lot, and I have to be super careful about that. In the last year or so I've definitely developed an attitude of "only spend if it's necessary." And I splurge every so often, but not on much, and I usually consider my spending choices pretty carefully. I've been shopping at thrift stores, during school I cut my food budget in half and survived, I take lunches from home, plan inexpensive activities with friends, etc.

I decided that I would work and save as hard as I could so that when I go to Spain next week, I can focus on having a great time with my group, enjoy my experience, and not worry about how much money I'm spending (within reason, of course). However, already it's become evident that some of the others don't care one bit how much money they spend over there... and I really hope I'm not the only one who isn't made of Euros. I believe I can have an amazing and enriching experience - without spending a ridiculous amount of money while I'm there. So we'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. you are definately NOT the only one :) it has been my number 1 stresser this summer, and I'm glad someone else is thinking like me too. (Also i hope you don't mind my snooping on your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, certainly not, that's what it's there for! :) And I'm definitely glad I'm not the only one... ahh still hate it though!

    ReplyDelete