Thursday, April 1, 2010

Where is your heart?

If you could take one thing from a burning building, assuming all the people and pets were safe, what would you take?

I think the answer to that question tells a lot about a person. It shows where their heart is, what their priorities are, what's most important to them. "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." So what would you take?

I don't know what I would take. So many things have meaning to me. A photo album of pictures, maybe. My scriptures. My journal. Of course, then there's the more practical side, like my laptop, or my wallet. I really don't know.

Isn't it nice that when you die, you can't take any of it with you? You don't have to sit and think about what object in your house or life is most important to you, because in the end all that really matters is what's inside, what's in your heart. And nothing, not even burning buildings or death, can take that away from you.

But still, what would you take?

No comments:

Post a Comment